On Sat, 19 Jun 2010 19:31:36 -0400
"S. Artesian" <sartes...@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Not everything's fascist; not all the time.

Indeed not. Sweden is (still) less fascist than the US.

But this practice of drawing bright lines seems ill-advised.
Maybe it would be better to think of fascism as one of the
axes of a multi-dimensional space. In terms of actual
societies, Sweden in the 1970s is at -1 on that axis,
and Franco's Spain is at +1.  Or +5. Or choose your own
benchmarks.

Metrics are always interesting, but deltas are even more
interesting. Which way are we going, on the Sweden/Franco
axis? The trend looks pretty plain to me.

--

Michael Smith
m...@smithbowen.net

"Everyone has his favorite passage from the
Theodosian Code." -- M I Finley