Christian wrote (via Louis):

> Who benefits more from a crisis the left or the right? I believe the
>  answer would be the side that works the hardest.

Amazing that a Christian would nail this answer and stab it in the heart!

I couldn't agree more--so much lamentation over the lack of forces and
vacuum of leadership. Louis has observed that if Leftists of all stripes
were to unite there would be tens of thousands involved. Even if we were at
each other's throats a good part of the time, but agreed to work together,
we would have an influence much larger than even those numbers (we
collectively have such a range of skills, experience, and that intangible
"chutzpah"  that we would organize "rings around" the Democrats, who, btw,
are always at each other's throats but seem to manage really well at
derailing mass sentiment). All it takes is the political will, something
about which we are very good at charging liberals  but never seem to get
over when it comes to our so-called differences.

Political will is what I would call Christian's argument about our "war"
being a "spiritual war first and then a mental." We are not meta-physicists,
but we are astute observers of behavior, especially political behavior. It
would be nice if we could change ours.

--
Manuel