On Aug 8, 2010, at 11:09 AM, Mechphisto wrote:

> But as I mentioned in a previous reply to someone, science is a tool
> to describe the natural world.

The point is not "description."  Scientific knowledge, like all
knowledge, is a means to *grasp* ("comprehend") the world--and as Marx
and Hegel insisted, knowledge is manifest only in practice.  Does EP
generate testable predictions?  Does EP advance our *practical*
knowledge of human nature?  Thems the only questions that matter.

Shane Mage

  This cosmos did none of gods or men make, but it
  always was and is and shall be: an everlasting fire,
  kindling in measures and going out in measures."

  Herakleitos of Ephesos