  What Tristan presents, below, is also a distortion of what Ahmadinejad said.
In fact, on this list there is too much relaying of corporate propaganda about
China and Iran. About Iran, I encourage people to get a copy of Phil Wilayto's
book, "In Defense of Iran." It is not a piece of apologetics about Iran (at
least of my reading of it, though in the US it is not easy to access accurate
information about Iran to do a systematic check.)  I think the title of this
Atlantic article illustrates the nature of anti-Iranian propaganda in this
country: there is nothing in the article "Fidel to Ahmadinejad: Stop Slandering
Jews!"  that has any relation to the title.

     Wilayto in his book takes up this statement that Ahmadinejad denied there
were gays in Iran on pp. 63-65, including the statement below. He also takes up
the Holocaust conference, pp. 114-15.
Stan

Well Ahmadinejad DOES deny the existence of homosexuals in Iran like we
'have in this country [USA]'... So I hope we can all at least agree on the
fact that Ahmadinejad is a liar and a right wing populist.

Tristan