Correction:

"Abstract "knowing" is not enough because without an organization and
social forces one cannot maneuver or prove their knowing.

Corrected text:

Abstract "knowing" is not enough.  Without an organization and social
forces one cannot maneuver or prove - manifest, the "correctness" of their
knowing

More opinions

IV.

Bureaucracy - "the society bureau system," is the glue that holds society
together, because means of production are deployed and activated on this
basis.  It is the guts - "nuts and bolts," of the system. The bureau system
becomes  enemy of the people and enemy of "the revolution" in degree to which
it delivers  services to itself. Bureaucracy is a socially necessary function
of a society at  a certain stage in growth of the division of labor.
Bureaucracy is not the  result of private property but the division of labor.
Private property and a  host of subjective factors gives bureaucracy its class
-
human face.

The bureau system is channel for privilege information, delivery of
services, short cuts through the societal system, favoritism, a source of
checks
and balances and good ole fashion red tape. Bureaucracy is administration
and  administration is inconceivable outside a bureau system. The bureau
system  founded on the electro-mechanical laboring process, (the industrial
revolution)  saps the wealth of society as "feed" for conducting "middle man"
operations, yet  it is indispensable to any society governed by
electro-mechanical labor process.  The fewer the better is the revolutionary
approach from
the "left," "right,"  fascist or communist.

The bureau system is socially necessary as an artifact of any industrial
society. No one suggests destruction of the bureaucracy "everywhere" except
immature anarchists. The bureau system constitutes itself as an
"intermediate  materially-privileged bureaucratic social layer," to the degree
its
redundant  functions are revealed to be delivery of services to itself. A
"party
bureaucracy" is an attribute of every society on earth. The ideology of
this  layer of society should not exist because it lives off the wealth of the
workers  is not well thought out. Some define the Soviet bureaucracy - a
huge layer of  Soviet society, as an "intermediate materially-privileged
bureaucratic social  layer," based on its location from the production of
material
goods,  distribution and services.

I do not.

The danger in Soviet society was much larger than the "party bureaucracy"
or whatever political faction held power.  Soviet bureaucracy is a huge
concept of a huge society machine. The bureaucracy in real time and real life
is  an industrial artifact and we will defeat it on the basis of transition
away  from  industrial society. Everyone faces the bureau system to one
degree or  another. In America the most common hated bureau system enemy is the
IRS -  Internal Revenue Service. Here's a bureaucracy that is an
"intermediate  materially-privileged bureaucratic social layer" of the
bourgeois
property,  filled with thousands of people whose job is to keep their hand in
your
pocket.

This general category called "the bureaucracy" or "Soviet" or "Stalinist
bureaucracy" looms as an ideological fiction in the sense that one ought to
say  what they mean and informs others of what they speak so we all make
intelligent  decisions and estimates. After all we can speak in clear "market
terms"  understandable to the American mind. The world has evened up in such a
way that  everyone in every theater is going to understand our narrative if
we are clear.

Ones market, or rather environment of class struggle is always in flux
changing and the nature of routine, based on past practice serve as a brake on
the revolutionary process. This applies to capitalists and communists
alike.  When capitalist are defeat by way of bureaucratic practices they die in
the  market and are quickly forgotten.

During periods of transition from one quantitative boundary to the next
bureaucracy stifles the adoption of more efficient delivery system and new
ideas. During the evolutionary leap from one technology regime to the next,
bureaucracy, as it is based on and rooted in the old political, ideological,
economic, social and administrative period, emerges as the immediate enemy
of  the revolutionary transition. The Soviet party bureaucracy, as it merged
with  state, government and bureau systems administered services of all
kind and  imposed layers of redundant administrative systems of surveillance.
By  surveillance IS NOT meant primarily policing/state agencies/KGB type
stuff, but  what is called "checking up on the systematic fulfillment of task"
systems  interwoven into everything. This system can be unraveled, assaulted
and leveled  based on occupations that are "the people checking up on the
people checking up  on the people."

Trotsky did not seek to defeat bureaucracy . He sought to defeat his
political enemy and called his political enemy "the bureaucracy," because every

ruling group on earth "heads the society bureaucracy."

How could this redundancy - Soviet style, be defeated seems the question.

Well, it could not be defeated in the realm of politics and was not. Stalin
 hit at the bureaucracy using the bureaucracy aimed at the people most
responsible or as it is called, "at the top." Then the factional battles and
wars took place at the highest level of Soviet life. Stain defeated one
political opponent after another with some being jailed, purged and executed.
If
 the question is my attitude towards executing political opponents my vote
and  answer is this: execution should be used in heinous crimes, like first
degree  murder and certain degrees of rape and torture.

One cannot change the bureaucracy by changing people or a Trotsky for
Stalin. One can  always change aspects of the shape of a thing,but you are  not
gong to change "the thing" with a change in personnel. Nor could change come
 about by everyone within one bureau system being fired or laid off only to
be  placed elsewhere in the same kind of bureau system. What became the
Stalin/Soviet model could not CHANGE, or leap - transition, to a new
technology  basis or collapse its own redundant system. This law expressed
itself as
"one  protecting their own job at all cost."

The evolutionary leap is very different from transition from one
quantitative boundary to another.

The communists were in the Soviet Union were defeated during a period of
the evolutionary leap in 1989. The subjective reasons dealing with actual
Soviet  life; (party factional feuds from October 1917 - 1989; disgust of the
people  with the society bureaucracy; the intellectual and cultural life of
the party;  the slowing curve economic expansion and consciousness of the
revolutionaries)  is the stuff of the expert. I believe Stalin's individual
role in this process  between 1928 and his death was to ensure the growth of
society wide surveillance  systems, previously defined.

Lenin faced the old "the bureau system" in a new guise due to its
fundamentality in the division of labor. What Lenin faces was nothing compared
industrial bureaucracy or bureaucracy constructed on the basis of an
industrial infrastructure. He demanded the "fewer the better" and then got more
 of
the same things.

Some folks felt if the "armed workers" and the soviets (small "s") were
allowed greater sway the "the bureau system" could have been defeated
decisively. If Trotsky had won the political contest Soviet society would have
been qualitatively altered along with world communist revolution. Or what is
the  same, if one "conceived correct thoughts and correct ideology" of the
state  (reading Trotsky for instance, which I have read) and "understood" the
concept  of "armed workers as the state," (like Marx) rather than a
professional  organization, and "democratic institutions" of soviets were
empowered
with  automatic recall of all civil servants our problem would be solved.

Well, we will never know this.

The cult of the personality is actually the cult of the state/bureau
system, justifying its existence outside historical phenomenon. Each "head" of
bureau is a personality and big man with the paramount leader the biggest
man.  These "big men" make history and allegiance to them is a premium. The
best  description I read on this subject was that of the Soviet Communists
(B). My  personal attitude towards "leader worship" is that it is an old model
history  has discarded.  The cult of personality is a lot deeper that
making an icon  out of Lenin or Trotsky or Mao of Kim or the rapper .50.  The
cult of the  personality is the ideology of the state/bureaucracy as state,
blaming  everything good and bad on individuals rather than the very systemic
relations  that is the state itself.

Hymns were sung to Stalin but Stalin himself could not create such a
system. He could support such a system but not create it. The bureaucracy
creates the "cult of the personality" no different than Hollywood creates its
cults of movie stars. Both seek to only preserve their existence and keep the
masses looking at the individual rather than system relations.

If the question is how do we in America avoid "the cult of the personality"
 then I say we  do not and cannot. The difference is that political persons
 are not cults on the level of our movie stars, and those that rise to such
 heights are quickly toppled, in favor of a new model

More later.

WL