Dan,
Democracy is a two way street. When you raise a minority position on a
discussion list, you're going to get disagreement. Especially
on a list with the cardinal rule of "thou shalt never criticize the Cuban
leadership."
Having said that, I wish the responses to your post were of a higher
political level then mere personal attacks.

For example, (1)are the 500,000 (you say 1,000,000) who are getting laid
off, receiving unemployment benefits, and
retraining? If so, what percentage of their former pay and for how long?
(2) will workers in these new private sector jobs, if any do actually
materialize, have union rights?