China is still NOT an imperialist country (and I don´t know if it will ever
 become one). I still cling, stubbornly and with a rash one-sideness of
mind, to  Lenin´s assertion: the world is split between a small gang of
imperialist  nations, and a host of semicolonial countries.

Comment

Lenin never stated this. Further he uses the term "semi-colony" in a
specific context. The context is the closed or direct colonial system, as it
existed in the pre and post WWI period. Imperialism initially expanded based on
 colonial blocks or direct colonies "connected" to the imperialist state.
Direct  colony means "occupied by the imperialist military to suppress all
opposition."

One can of course just show where Lenin divide the world between
imperialist nations and semi-colonies rather than imperialist states and
colonies;
oppressor nations with their oppressing peoples and oppressed
nations/peoples.

Perhaps your copy of Lenin reads different from mine. My copy reads as
follows.

"First, what is the cardinal idea underlying our theses? It is the
distinction between oppressed and oppressor nations. Unlike the Second
International and bourgeois democracy, we emphasise this distinction. In this
age of
imperialism, it is particularly important for the proletariat and the
Communist International to establish the concrete economic facts and to proceed

from concrete realities, not from abstract postulates, in all colonial and
national problems.

The characteristic feature of imperialism consists in the whole world, as
we now see, being divided into a large number of oppressed nations and an
insignificant number of oppressor nations, the latter possessing colossal
wealth  and powerful armed forces. The vast majority of the world's population,
over a  thousand million, perhaps even 1,250 million people, if we take the
total  population of the world as 1,750 million, in other words, about 70
per cent of  the world's population, belong to the oppressed nations, which
are either in a  state of direct colonial dependence or are semi-colonies,
as, for example,  Persia, Turkey and China, or else, conquered by some big
imperialist power, have  become greatly dependent on that power by virtue of
peace treaties."

WL.