Alan Bradley:

> CLR James collected comics.

CLR James was also an admirer of Dick Tracy and Gasoline Alley.  Neither strip
was politically "progressive".  Both are masterpieces of the comic strip medium.

Nonetheless, you have to draw a line somewhere. IDW has been reissuing a
complete edition of Harold Gray's Little Orphan Annie, but I don't buy it
because Harold Gray's anti-union and anti-New Deal politics were so poisonous.
I can't separate art from artist in that case since the strip was just a
vehicle for Gray's political views.