No sooner had I wrote about Bono that 'I'm surprised that he hasn't
declared himself a saint and threatened anyone criticising him with
eternal damnation', than I saw a comedy sketch on the telly that had a
spoof Bonio condemning the Beatles for failing to appreciate his
genius.

In a way I find him more sanctimonious than either Blair or Bush
because of the way he claims to stand above politics and politicians
and have none of their vices. In the broader shape of things, of
course, he's caused a lot less damage than those two, who were, after
all, leaders of imperialist governments, whilst he merely fronts an
inexplicably successful popular music group. What's a third-rate
songster compared to a war-mongering US imperialist and his UK minion
when it comes to crimes against humanity, rather than crimes against
humility?

Paul F