Juan Cole -Top Ten Questions about Chile Mine Collapse: Was it
Nixon-Kissinger’s Fault?

Clip –

The corporate mass media (especially television) did not treat the Chilean
mine collapse as a labor story but rather as a feel-good human interest
story. It not only avoided asking hard questions about why the near-disaster
occurred and why the mine workers could be treated like guinea pigs by their
employers, it actively obscured these questions. I saw a psychobabbling
guest of Tony Harris on CNN actually talking about how the Chilean
government is the father figure for the miners and their supporters and
people are turning to it for succor and inspiration. I threw up a little in
my mouth.

So here are the questions that a social historian would ask about the sorry
episode, and which I never heard anyone on television news ask during all
the wall to wall coverage:

Full --

http://www.juancole.com/2010/10/top-ten-questions-about-chile-mine-collapse-was-it-nixon-kissingers-fault.html