On 10/23/10 12:02 PM, Angelus Novus wrote:
> The Anti-Germans are dead, but the rot they have left behind has given us a
> radical left that has not mounted *one single major demonstration* against
> Sarrazin's discourse.

In light of the value that Angelus and Dan K. bring to the list, I think
it is appropriate for me to offer a self-criticism: I acted like a
schmuck when I unsubbed them.

Les Schaffer, who officially has served as technical coordinator here
for about a decade or so, also has an unofficial responsibility as
moderating the moderator. It was his advice that persuaded me to reverse
my decision, as well as John Imani's private mail to me urging me to
reconsider.

All I can say in my defense is that trying to moderate a mailing list of
such vociferous spirits is not easy. But obviously there are rewards as
Dan's dispatches from France would bear out.