> As usual, the reformist CFDT union has decided to give in, no doubt because
> they have been promised something by Sarkozy .
> The CFDT is behind the end of the strike in the three refineries and it is
> claiming that "we musn't bring France to its knees".
>
> Ca va, Daniel?

It is not necessarily true that the CFDT were offered something.  When a
decisive struggle is underway moderates (Irish insult) do not need to be
offered anything to surrender.  They instinctively know they must yield or
they will win.  And it is the prospect of victory that is the most
frightening thing to the slave mind.

It was just so in the British General Strike of 1926 and in the Electricity
workers strike here in Qld 1985.  The power cuts had the government in a
very parlous position and the union bosses realised they had to call the
strike off or they would have brought the government down.

The ironic thing was I heard one of the union bosses tell us that they did
not want to hurt Queensland and so they left it in the hands of a right wing
thug.

The CFDT say they don't want to bring France to its knees.  Here the irony
is that they are the ones on their knees already and the best thing they
could do for France is to get rid of Sarkozy.

comradely regards

Gary