Somebody I know made a recent pilgrimage to the Debs home in Terre
Haute, Indiana.  It's preserved as a museum but showed signs of serious
neglect.  Upon checking the guest register, he discovered that he had
been the only visitor in some time and past visitors were mainly
foreigners.  That's very sad indeed.  We need to "restore" Debs to an
honored place in American (and World) History.  Nick Salvatore's recent
biography is a good intro to Debs's life and works.  There is a movie
but it's pretty poor -- made by Bernie Sanders before he found his true
"talent" as politician.  Bernie used to have a portrait of Debs on the
wall in his office when he was mayor of Burlington, Vermont in the early
1980s.  I wonder about now.

jay