After having seen the powerful documentary Gasland that shows the impact
of “fracking” on households across the United States, including
flammable tap water and cancer clusters that are the inevitable outcome
of natural gas drilling byproducts, I have begun to pay closer attention
to news coverage, including my hometown papers in Upstate NY where
energy companies are attempting to buy support from impoverished land
owners.

So with that in mind, I read the article “When a Rig Moves In Next Door”
by Clifford Krauss and Tom Zeller Jr. in the Business section of today’s
NY Times with keen interest. As is so often the case with the newspaper
of record, it has to maintain the illusion of objectivity, so necessary
for its market niche: college-educated professionals who vote Democrat,
watch PBS, listen to NPR, drive a Lexus, and donate money to the ACLU or
mainstream environmentalist organizations. It simply would not suffice
for Krauss and Zeller Jr. to write the sort of thing that you would hear
from Rupert Murdoch hirelings, even if it amounts to the same thing more
or less.

full:
http://louisproyect.wordpress.com/2010/11/07/clifford-krauss-propagandist-par-excellence/