concerning Obama's decision to deny due process to accused terrorists and
the double standards of the liberal commentariat -
Democrats and the rule of law

By Glenn Greenwald <http://www.salon.com/author/glenn_greenwald/index.html>

<http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn_greenwald/2010/11/14/trials/index.html>
*
clip -
*

Obviously, those who screamed bloody murder over Bush/Cheney Terrorism
policies but now justify or at least acquiesce to the same policies when
implemented by Obama have serious issues with partisan loyalties trumping
honest advocacy.  But it's when the Obama administration reverses itself --
such as with the torture photos -- that one's intellectual honesty is most
conclusively tested:  one's beliefs and principles can't shift with Obama's
reversals if they're to be meaningful or credible.  The same issue applies
here:  shouldn't anyone who defended Holder's original decision on the
ground that it was compelled by the Constitution, the rule of law and our
values now vocally denounce Obama for his profound violations of those same
doctrines?  If the Obama administration merited praise last November for
upholding the Constitution, the rule of law and our values with civilian
trials, then it must be true that they're now violating the Constitution,
the rule of law and our values by denying them.  Isn't that a rather serious
offense?

full article --
http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn_greenwald/2010/11/14/trials/index.html