> To clarify for those not blessed with residency in the American heartland,
> not liking Dubya doesn't mean anything vis-a-vis the teabaggers.  A lot of
> them think George W. Bush was a closet fancy-pants corporate Republican.
> lot of them also distrust the official tale about 9/11, as I've pointed
> out
> many times to the "truthers" on this list.
>
> ML

You're missing the point, Mark. There is no coherency to Loughner's
thinking, as the favorable reference to the Communist Manifesto would
indicate, not to speak of "lucid dreaming". While my next article will
focus mainly on Obama's calculations, I will make the point that
Loughner's schizophrenia was manifest FIVE years ago long before Palin was
a factor in American politics. The left has the causality all wrong on
Loughner. He was not sparked into action because of all the conspiratorial
ideology that surrounded him. Instead his madness drove him in that
direction, but once he began moving in that direction his understanding of
what he read--from Mein Kampf to the CM--was mediated by a short-circuited
brain.