And, for what it's worth, I don't think it's useful to connect the events in
Arizona to the evolution of Obama's policies in the essay.  If you
suggesting some connection between the shootings in Tucson--or how you think
progressives have misunderstood the shootings--and these policies, they're
certainly not spelled out....

It seems to me that the administration is predisposed to move this
direction, particularly after the 2010 elections.  It has no more to do with
the Tucson events or how people understand them than it does with whether or
not the light in the White House refrigerator actually goes off when Barrack
closes the door.

ML