On 20/01/2011 22:23, Dan wrote:
> So, out of respect for people's sensitivities, let's replace the
> declaration of human rights with the ten commandments, let's allow
> adulteresses to be stoned to death, let's applaud at the building of
> religious schools, let's pretend that covering women's heads is a
> genuine way of "protecting" them, let's all refrain from using words
> such as "goddammit" which might offend, let's encourage weekly prayers
> (they're part of the traditions of the down-trodden), let's allow
> faith-based organizations to regulate the way people live, let's
> acknowledge the role of the divine, let's pretend fundamentalists are
> actually misguided social activists, let's refrain from making
> derogatory statements against religious institutions, yeah,
> let's be Marxists who never talk about materialism if it might cause our
> brethern to stumble.

By logical corollary, you would argue that those marxists who oppose
antisemitism thereby also support patriarchy, circumcision, gender
violence, clerical rule, fundamentalism and the genocidal declarations
of Jewish religious authorities in Israel.  A further corollary of your
argument is that the term 'antisemitism' is just a cover for letting the
Jews have the run of things.  I don't expect you to accept these
corollaries of your irrational, hysterical and self-serving
expostulations.  I expect you to be as hypocritical as you are
navel-gazing.  I also expect you not to notice the moral absurdity of
your complaining about your oppression at the hands of Muslims in a
period where Muslims are being harrassed, beaten, abducted, tortured and
murdered on a planetary level.

--
*Richard Seymour*

Writer, blogger and PhD candidate