Dear comrades and friends,

There has been some discussion on the "Workers Democracy" list about Rosa
Luxemburg and her differences with Lenin.

Does anyone have the reference of Lenin's famous statement about Luxemburg
comparing her to an eagle, to the effect that "sometimes an eagle can fly
lower than a chicken, but a chicken can never rise to the heights of an
eagle"?

Also, Luxemburg apparently criticized Lenin for "over-centralization" or
"lack of democracy" shortly after the October Revolution, but them
apparently also retracted her criticism later. Does anyone have the
references to that, or to Lenin's reply to her criticism?

I know that most of the people on the "left" in the US who raise Luxemburg
do so to uphold her errors, and I would like to be able to respond to them.

Fraternally,
George