On Tue, 26 Jun 2007, Alan wrote:

> Just wondering if there are any best-practices documented for mason.  I
> use it daily and seem to end up with a relative hodge-podge (that's the
> technical term) of components, form handling, etc.  I realize this is
> mostly my own fault abusing both perl and the ability to do inline logic
> in mason, and want to get better and make more maintainable / usable
> apps.  I really dread going back to old projects for maintenance or
> updates :)

Take a look at MasonX::WebApp.  With discipline it could give you
nearly as much separation between form and function as something like
CGI::Application.  The key here is to keep the complex application
code in modules, leaving the components with just display management.
It's a hard job to do this consistently in an environment as flexible
as Mason, but it can be done.

-sam