Ideally the extensions would be somewhat consistent stylstically - that was one
point in favor of .mc / .mi / .mp.

My goal is not to get to zero collisions - there is a *lot* of software out
there. I'm trying to avoid collisions with common things. Apple's Objective C
files definitely fall in that category; the ones you mention below, not so
much. Bricolage is maybe the only one I'm concerned about - would like to get
Wheeler's input on this.

Collisions are not 100% avoidable and aren't the end of the world. It just
means that one has to take a little more effort when opening up an appropriate
editor, etc.

Jon