Hello,

I upgraded my Mason installation from (Perl 5.8.8 / mod_perl 2.0.3 / Mason
1.45) to (Perl 5.14.2 / mod_perl 2.0.5 / Mason 1.46), and I started getting

"Use of uninitialized value in lc at
/www/perl/lib/site_perl/5.14.2/HTML/Mason/ApacheHandler.pm line 914."

in the error log.  This comes from the line

    if ( lc $_[0]->dir_config('Filter') eq 'on' )

I am currently suppressing the error message with

  PerlSetVar Filter "off"

with no apparent unwanted side effects, but I wonder if I am missing
something more fundamental here.  I did search for the answer without luck,
though not exhaustively.  Is this something I should be concerned with?

Thanks.

Charlie Katz