Please keep replies on the mailing list, thanks.

You need to use $session->set and $session->get. Otherwise you are just setting
the in-memory hash, which would only work in a single-process server like
plackup.

You need to use the File store for the same reason - Starman has multiple
processes.

HTH
Jon