Hi,

I used Mason1 quite a lot and recently switched to Mason2 for new projects.

I wonder what was reason for leaving the component with content syntax
in favour of  "perl" lines, i.e.

why

% $.js {{
% }}

instead of

<&| $.js &>
</&>
?

In my old code I had components (methods) with content which served as
an "active markup" adding some real markup before and after block of
text without any changes to the content. Examples:

<&| SELF:javascript &>
javascript to be properly wrapped by script tag, CDATA section and
jquery onDomReady wrapper
</&>

<& SELF:elem, ($important? 'strong': ()) &>text to be empasized or not</&>

<& SELF:elem, ($active? ('a', href=>$edit_url): ()) &>text to be make
link or not</&>

I appreciated that the old syntax was visually similar to HTML markup
and could be placed (indented) accordingly.

be make link or not</&></td>

Is there some similar syntax for "active markup", not actually
changing its content, available also in Mason2?

Thanks for reply,

Roman Daniel