I'm very new to Mason - I'm using it to do some customization to
Request Tracker.

I want all my custom pages to be able to access a class which, among
other things, owns the handle to my database.  I created an
autohandler:

--start snip--
% $m->call_next;

<%once>
my $web
</%once>

<%INIT>
$RT::Logger->debug("my autohandler");
use RTx::FooBar::Web;
$web || RTx::FooBar::Web->new();
</%INIT>
--end snip--

And I attempted to use this in my web page:
--start snip--
<%init>

my $catRecs = RTx::FooBar::Records::Categorys->new(Handle => $web->CFHandle());
</%init>
--end snip--

But I get the error:
--start snip--
error:  Error during compilation of
/opt/rt4/local/plugins/RTx-FooBar/html/cf/change_request.html:
Global symbol "$web" requires explicit package name at
/opt/rt4/local/plugins/RTx-FooBar/html/cf/change_request.html line 74.

context:
70:  use RTx::FooBar::Records::Categorys;
71:
72:  my @clientFieldNames = ('First Name','Last Name','Phone
#','Windows Acct', 'Location');
73:  my @clientFields =
('first_name','last_name','phone_number','windows_id', 'location_id');
74:  my $catRecs = RTx::FooBar::Records::Categorys->new(Handle =>
$web->CFHandle());
75:  $catRecs->UnLimit;
76:  RT::Logger->debug("catRecs count = " . $catRecs->Count);
77:  my @categories = @{$catRecs->ItemsArrayRef};
78:
--end snip--

I've tried using <%share> and <%once>, with exactly the same results.
How can I get the variable to be shared between the autohandler and
the web pages?

--
http://www.linkedin.com/in/paultomblin
http://careers.stackoverflow.com/ptomblin