Somebody else may get bitten by this particular Moose, so FYI I raised a
bug that the two commands print different output.

perl -E 'use       Plack::Request; my $r =
Plack::Request->new({REQUEST_METHOD => "happy"}); say $r->method();'
perl -E 'use Poet::Plack::Request; my $r =
Poet::Plack::Request->new({REQUEST_METHOD => "happy"}); say $r->method();'

In summary, don't use $m->req()->method() with the stock distribution.

https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=82903 has details and proposes a
stuttering fix. I implemented the workaround in my own subclass and I am
now the proud owner of a Poet application that subclasses _everything_ that
can be subclassed (/groans/).

Took me way over an hour to track down: hope this helps someoneā€¦.

Allan