howdy!

redhat 5.0 kernel 2.0.33 ipfwadm 2.3.0-5

linux 192.168.55.99 (3com)
         207.55.55.55 (ppp)
maverick 192.168.55.155 (win 95 with Serv-U ftp server)

/sbin/ipfwadm -F -p deny
/sbin/ipfwadm -F -a masquerade -b -S 192.168.55.0/24 -D 0.0.0.0/0

masquerading works like a charm!

i'm trying to setup an ftp server on my pc behind the firewall.  i
can ftp into the pc from the firewall using 'ftp maverick' and i can
'ftp linux' from inside the firewall, from the firewall itself, and
from another host on the internet (where linux resolves to my ip
address).
what i would like is to be able to 'ftp linux' from
outside the firewall and have the request redirected to maverick.
at the same time, i should be able to use 'ftp linux' from inside and
get to the firewall

i've been using these commands for ipautofw:

/sbin/ipautofw -A -r tcp 21 21 -h maverick
/sbin/ipautofw -A -r udp 21 21 -h maverick

when i 'ftp linux' from outside the firewall, the connection
times-out.  i can still 'ftp maverick' from the firewall and get to
the pc.  from the pc, i can still 'ftp linux' and get the firewall.

i've rebuilt the kernel with ip_masquerade_ipautofw on and rebooted
(after running lilo to make the new kernel the primary).

i'm sure that i've missed something totally obvious!

tia!!!