> > since having masquerade in the kernel makes setup easier, and since
> > masquerade is to be my first serious Linux endeavor, what is the best
> > distribution and version to use if masquerade is your focus?
> >
> > Redhat 5.2?
> > Turbo Linux?

I run a 486 firewall / masq box hooked onto 10baseT ether, I use a heavily
modified and striped down slackware 3.5. I know that is not as easy to
manage or use but it is smaller (I have a 40meg disk in the firewall) and
there is less assorted rubbish installed by default.

If you want a pre setup and working tar mail me and I will shove it on an
ftp site (tar.gz is ~15 meg)

      Tim Fletcher                  .~.
                                    /V\       L   I   N   U   X
   [EMAIL PROTECTED]           // \\  >Don't fear the penguin<
                                  /(   )\
                                   ^^-^^

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum
immane mittam (For non-latiners: "I have a catapult. Give me all the
money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.")

PS. No I don't hate redhat / think they are the linux version of
microsoft, and yes I run Redhat on my desktop.