Hi all,

I'm new to this, so bear with me.

I just want to know if this will work, I'll worry about how to actually
do it later.

I currently have my internet connection coming in via DSL.  The DSL
modem has  a single ethernet cable that connects straight to my
machine.  I have a single static IP.  I just bought a second machine.
As far as I can tell, to set up IP Masq I'm going to need to have 2 NICs
in one of the machines.  Or do I?  Can I run from the modem to a hub,
have both machines in the hub also, and do my IP's like this...

Machine 1: Static IP to outside world and private IP aliased to same
device (eth0)
Machine 2: private IP with Machine 1's private IP as the gateway.

Will this work, or am I just imagining things and I have to go pick up a
second ethernet card and hope I can make it work (not usually an issue,
but there is so much hardware in my machine I don't have any free
IRQs)?  I'm not much of a networking genius either, if I can do this, do
I need to use a crossover cable from the modem to the hub? (currently I
just run a straight thru cable from the modem to my NIC)

Thanks,

Caleb Shay
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
--
I have too much blood in my caffeine system.