I've got my IP masq working about 85%, but I still have two nagging problems.

First, let me say.  I have all of the IP_MASQ_XXXXX modules loaded and compiled into the kernel.

1)  My friend has an ftp site that for some reason I can't get data transers from .  I can log in to the site just fine, but when The site sends me a directory list, I get a

425 can't build data connection:  No route to host
can't initiate data transfer.

I can connect to every other site that I've tried.  The site I'm connecting to is not at PORT 21 it's at PORT 2001 and he's running glftpd not the standard ftpd from red hat.

2) I can't connect directly with ICQ.  I can send messages through the server, but I can't chat or send a direct message.

BACKGROUND:

I'm 1 month into Linux/Unix.  I'm running Red Hat 5.2 and I have the following RC.LOCAL file:

path=/sbin:/bin:/etc:

echo "ip_masq 192.168.100.1"

/sbin/insmod 3c509.o
/sbin/insmod 3c59x.o

/sbin/modprobe 3c509

/sbin/depmod -a
/sbin/modprobe ip_masq_ftp
/sbin/modprobe ip_masq_raudio
/sbin/modprobe ip_masq_irc
#/sbin/ifconfig -a eth1 192.168.100.10/24 -D 0.0.0.0/0
#/sbin/route add -net 24.1.168.74

I've read the Man Pages and the How-to files.  I even went through the TrinityOS paper (A little over my head)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Carl Engstrom