Microsoft's VPN implementation of PPTP does **not** use TCP, but a protocol
called GRE, with the protocol # 47. That's what the patch is for. Documentation
about VPN is somewhere on Microsoft's website, but I forgot exactly where.
I only tried one VPN connection, and it works without problems (using kernel
2.0.33). I only have one site to connect to, so I have no idea about multiple
connections, but this should be an issue for the PPTP endpoints only, not the
Linux box. Linux just passes the data through.

-Joe

--
Joachim Feise
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]             http://www.ics.uci.edu/~jfeise/