See Something Say Something - call the MIT Police at 617-253-1212, or
100 in an EMERGENCY from any Institute phone. All 911 phone calls from
cell phones go to the MA State Police in Framingham, MA who then
transfer the call to the Cambridge Police.

Bottom line - apparently if you call 911 from a cellphone on ther MIT
Campus, you will reach a State Police dispatcher who will transfer you
to a Cambridge Police dispatcher who may or may not transfer you to a
MIT Police dispatcher - I dont think that 2 transfers are allowed on 1
call, but I dont think that Cambridge PD has any capability to talk on
the MIT PD channel - so ??????