Dear all,

On 8. March, for International Women’s Day, we published
an article on RIPE Labs about data science from an intersectional
feminism perspective:

https://labs.ripe.net/Members/becha/data-feminism-from-data-ethics-to-data-justice

In the article, I explore how the RIPE community can benefit from
involving users in the design processes for collecting, storing and
visualising data. As network operators, we have the power to create
systems that use data for good, or for harm - and I am pointing out the
questions to be asked about challenging and changing those structures.

For the MAT-WG specifically, there are other interesting links: open
data sources for researchers; code available for developers to re-use,
and there is potential for cooperation with the academic community.

Regards,
Vesna Manojlovic
Community Builder
RIPE NCC