With the return of the NN discussion and regulation in the USA as of Oct 19th...

https://www.fcc.gov/document/fcc-chairwoman-rosenworcels-net-neutrality-remarks

and especially with my lack of knowledge and understanding of pending
EU regulation, I decided to start a good ole fashioned mailing list to
try and sort it all out, which is up to nearly 200 members now. Sign
up here:

I am especially interested in finding new blood of all sorts
(engineers, lawyers, scientists, foss folk, and infrastructure folk)
willing to discuss possible brighter futures for the internet (with us
old farts via this archaic method. I considered trying mastodon but it
was too complicated). New metrics for videoconferencing, as well as
lower layer metrics like MTTR an MTBF are on my mind, as is finding
ways to improve QoE for everyone, and de-crapification of the upper
layers of the stack, as well as of the gear we buy. There is a
separate NPRM going on for a new FCC CyberSecurity label, which I
would like to see more teeth pushed into, honestly.

My hope is, one day, we can provide good feedback into various
overwhelmed government processes, as we did here, 7+ years ago.
http://www.taht.net/~d/fcc_saner_software_practices.pdf

PS - is anyone here participating in the renewed cybergeography project?

--
Oct 30: https://netdevconf.info/0x17/news/the-maestro-and-the-music-bof.html
Dave Täht CSO, LibreQos