At 03:24 04.04.2003, you wrote:

Er... excuse me for asking, but what is the big deal
about putting 'HTTP/1.0 200 OK \n' in mathopd, when
cgi is executed ? Is it really supposed to be put in
by script ?.  Is this 'OK' for (1) script was found
and executed or (2) script left zero exit code ?

Does putting write("'HTTP/1.0 200 OK \n") inside mathopd
makes it wander too much from it's original goal ?

--Vardhan
-- Sorry for asking like a stupid.

> > is try to funnel the output of cvsweb or whatever through phpstub. See the
> > FAQ at www.mathopd.org (which does not tell you any more than this e-mail
> > but at least it informs one that this is a well-known issue.)

you can't tell your visitor HTTP/1.0 200 OK\n unless you know it's ok. ok, you could send HTTP/1.0 but that 200 OK is a problem. think about a cgi that wants to put a 404 File not Found out to the user under special circumstances. that isn't possible if the server always sends 200 OK.

phpstub, in fact, only sends that first line if the php script didn't output an header
giving a HTTP-Status code (that's what that 200 OK is) for itself.

that's why you can't put it inside mathopd.