On 14/10/05, Piotr Meyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 14, 2005 at 08:53:12AM +0200, Quentin Gouedard wrote:
>
> > I'm running on a kernel 2.4 on a RH7.2 (yeah i know) and i beleive the FS
> > is ext2 (maybe there's a lower limit for this type of file system ?).
>
> RH7.2? Of course - older installations of linux has 2GB filesize limit.
> Look at this: http://linuxmafia.com/faq/VALinux-kb/2gb-filesize-limit.html
>
> BTW: don't try upgrade of glibc by hand - if You don't have enough
> experience it's may make Your system unusable. I see two ways:
> - test witch per-hour log name
> - reinstall/upgrade system to newer distro

Somewhere there I had a patch which makes mathopd to log to stderr
so I can use mutlitlog, to rotate the files when certain size has been reached.
mutlilog log files also have a nice timestamp (if you want it), it can also
filter things into different files. its from the daemontools package -
http://cr.yp.to/

if you want that patch I can try and hunt around. i also have 2 patches that:
1. add Daemon on/off, Version on/off
2. find configfile from env - HTTPCFG

all these changes are pretty subjective, so cant say they might be
useful to anyone else - but who knows.