On Mon, Dec 05, 2005 at 06:25:56PM +0000, Lou Kamenov wrote:
> On 04/12/05, Juergen Daubert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [..]
> >  Control {
> >     Alias /trac
> >     Location /var/www/cgi-bin/trac.fcgi
> >         External {"/usr/bin/cgi-fcgi -bind -connect /tmp/trac.sock" {*}}
> >  }
> >
> >  Control {
> >     PathMatch /trac/login
> >         EncryptedUserFile On
> >         Realm Trac
> >         UserFile /etc/webaccess
> >  }
>
> Hi Juergen,
>
> What is the exact difference between Alias and Apache's Location?

A Mathopd Alias can only be used together with a Location keyword
an maps a URI to a filesystem path, whereas a apache Location is
a control-block that get respected if a URI matches.

In the above psydo-code the keyword PathMatch, which should be better
called UriMatch or so, is exactly that what apaches Location is.
A request to http://<hostname>/trac/login should be passed to the
trac.fcgi script with the pathinfo 'login' after authentification was
successful (see Mathopd's PathInfo keyword).

> I guess you can change mathopds alias to take regex and do various
> fancy things. It should be fairly easy to do it.

Yep, regexes could be useful too.

Greetings
Juergen

--
Juergen Daubert  |  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Korb, Germany    |  http://jue.li/crux