Dear Aravind sir

wonderful article. can we maths teachers make our classes fun and
interesting to our students.... many times in high school, the pressures of
the current syllabus makes it very difficult for the teacher to make maths
meaningful for students.

I strongly believe that the current syllabus content load needs to be
reduced a lot so that students can meaningfully engage in learning.. and
enjoy the experience.

if we want to move from rote memory based learning to conceptual
understanding following constructivist principles, then the current
syllabus load must be reduced....

request all maths teachers to read the article, a small excerpt below

" .... So how might mathematics education be different? The way it is often
taught, children are asked to take a huge leap of faith: that the symbol
manipulation that seems pointless now will one day be useful to them. But
this is true for only a small minority of children, who enjoy the symbol
manipulation for its own sake and later find themselves drawn towards Stem
subjects
<http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/feb/23/science-maths-engineering-technology-vital-subjects>,
where it is indeed very useful. The rest know perfectly well that they will
never reach this promised land. What can be done for them?..."

regards
Guru

IT for Change, Bengaluru
www.ITforChange.net