Sir,

A very good article to go through. Thanks for sharing.

Contextual teaching definitely helps to get the concepts clear. Eventually
whole of Physics at its core goes to abstraction and full of  Mathematics.

To me, apart from presenting contexts relevant to teaching point (concepts
to be cleared) what is more important is to break the context event in
micro time intervals with patience and present all sequences of context
event with enthusiasm. For example take the study of graphs relating
position vs time of a car having uniform acceleration. As a teacher I may
present n number of contexts relating uniform acceleration. That is just a
beginning point.

After I present the context,  the real part is to analyse the event by
breaking it in small time intervals and make the child have a feel of all
those changes happened to velocities, positions, time stamps of context and
relate the changes to each other using Mathematics and present it graphs.
Prepare several other types of graphs and encourage the students to imagine
the contexts that are relevant to changed graphs.

This is where technology helps. Animations can be of great help in making
the job of teaching Physics less cumbersome  and the task of learning a
joyous one. In fact animations, in right sense,  are nothing but the way of
contextual teaching of Physics. A physics teachers job is really
challenging one as it requires

1. Higher level of alertness both from students as well as teachers.
2. Every now and then requires contextual way of teaching.
3. Good feel of mathematics and its application because I believe
Mathematics is the language of Physics.
4. Frequent brainstorming sessions to check students involvement.

I think,  before entering class room as a  teacher of Physics we need to
meditate on the sequence of teaching learning experiences that we intend to
impart in classroom. Mentally the whole of period should be mapped on time
scale. Otherwise, I feel, there is always a danger of making contextual
teaching a fun session having least or no relevance to concepts and pushing
the pupils more towards confusion

Thanks for sharing such a nice article with forum members.
With Respect,
Ravikumar.

http://karnatakaeducation.org.in/KOER/en/index.php/Frequently_Asked_Questions