Hi

Could it be due to very long lines (not the number of lines)? Do you have an
example, maybe a MATLAB script I could run to take a look at the issue?

Thanks

On Nov 20, 2020, at 2:50 PM, Karthik Chikmagalur <karthikchikmaga...@gmail.com>
wrote:

 Hi Jiaen,

Matlab-shell is derived from comint-mode, so you can use "C-c M-o" to clear the
buffer. This runs `comint-clear'. You do not lose your history.

However comint should not be slowing down in the first place. It stays snappy
for me unless I accidentally dump several dozen megabytes of text into buffer
by forgetting a semicolon at the end of the command.

Karthik