>>> "JC" == John Ciolfi <cio...@mathworks.com> writes:
Hi  John
> Hi Uwe,
> I don't think these fill-paragraph patches made it into master.
> Attached are the patches that work for me. Are there any reasons to
> not apply them?

In July last year Eric provided some patches for improving the filling.

I started a new branch and run some test and sooner or later them there
were corner cases where it did not work as expected or made the filling
worse.

Your patch differ from all the commits, so I just applied it to master
and start testing. However there also cases where there problems.

The following is taken from files from Students who wrote their code
using the native matlab editor in MS Windows.
I give you some examples, now. But if you wish I push your patch as a
different branch, and add a directory tests-for-new-filling or so.

* Number 1
#+begin_src

    j_func = @(t, y_1, jfunc, h, y_2) [h*jfunc(t, y_2) - jfunc(t, y_2)\jfunc(t,
y_2)]; % UB:03.05.2024:18:08: no entiendo esta linea

       % explicalo por favor lo utilizo para calcular la derivada de @func;
debería poder usar 1 en lugar de la segunda parte de la ecuacion pero me da
error y no logro ver por qué, como así me funcionaba no lo he tocado

#+end_src

When running  matlab-fill-comment-line cursor is at the end of the first
line I obtain

#+begin_src

 j_func = @(t, y_1, jfunc, h, y_2) [h*jfunc(t, y_2) - jfunc(t, y_2)\jfunc(t,
y_2)]; %

       % UB:03.05.2024:18:08:

       % no entiendo

       % esta linea

       % explicalo por favor lo utilizo para calcular la derivada de @func;
debería poder usar 1 en lugar de la segunda parte de la ecuacion pero me da
error y no logro ver por qué, como así me funcionaba no lo he tocado

#+end_src

When applying the function after the word «tocado», I obtain
[...]

And this looks wired to me, don't you think?

Uwe

--
I strongly condemn Hamas heinous despicable pogroms/atrocities on Israel
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against Ukraine.