Hi there,

I just checked in some major reorganization work in __init__.py

The main intention was to move the list of option defaults to a separate
file 'rcdefaults.py' that could be imported from setup.py to access the
settings with minimal dependencies on the remaining code.

To do so, I had to untangle a number of unnessessary dependancies within
__init__.py. I hope, the behavior of the code
should not have changed in the course of doing so. In case problems
arise, please contact me directly, I don't know
how closely I can follow the mailing list.

I hope that from this starting point, future maintenance of the option
settings will be somewhat easier.

Greetings,
Norbert