David Trem wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I narrowed down the problem I've posted on the matplotlib user list
> and now it looks like I found a matplotlib bug in 0.98 version.
>
> The shared axes auto-scaling is not properly working in 0.98 (works
> with the 0.91). Indeed, As shown, in the small attached script, the
> shared x scale does not show the full curves (axs1 blue curve should go
> up to 120 on axis).
> In fact, if x axes is shared, the figure xmin and xmax are defined by
> the last plotted axes (axs2) and does not take into account the min/max
> from the first one which cut it. One would expect to see both curve
> entirely.
>
> Could someone have look at this problem. I will try to dive in
> matplotlib code but I'm not an expert at all...

David,

This looks like a rather fundamental problem in the present
architecture.  I thought I had a solution figured out, but I was wrong,
and now I am not confident that I can come up with a good solution
quickly.  Some consultation with, or intervention by, Mike D. may be
needed--he might even see a solution in a matter of minutes.  The
problem is that the dataLim for each axes object is a Bbox, and in this
implementation there is no way to share an x-interval or a y-interval
among Bboxes.  So there is a single xaxis major locator that is shared,
but it is only getting its dataLim updated from one of the shared axes.

Eric