On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 08:55:59AM -0500, John Hunter wrote:
> I think we could do a 0.98.3 release.

I am right now implementing a wx frontend to ipython, and I can see in
the near future a score of people complaining that "from pylab import *;
show()" crashes it because it calls the wrong backend. Do people mind if
I prepare a patch that does some magic as pylab is loaded to:
a) Look if 'wx' is in sys.module
b) Check if the wx mainloop is running,

and if so changes the backend automatically to wx and wxAgg.

I could not sleep and do this tonight to get it ready for the release,
but I would like people's feedback... (Famous last words)

Gaƫl