Hi Darren,

2008/8/18 Darren Dale <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Nevermind. It turns out its not exactly poor performance, but for some reason
> the gui events were not getting processed as frequently on windows. Maybe Qt
> changed something in an attempt to optimize performance.
>
> I applied a patch in svn 6043, but its a really simple fix. At the end of
> backend_qt4agg.FigureCanvasQTAgg.draw, after self.update(), add this line:
>
>        QtGui.qApp.processEvents()
>
> It seemed to improve things on my windows laptop,  but let me know if it fixes
> the problem for you.

Good work Darren, thanks, it works perfectly!
That is great news because I found (and reported) this bug three
months ago, so I was beginning to worry about the future of Qt4
backend.
Now I can consider updating PyQt in Python(x,y).

> I forgot to mention, the svg icons display fine for me with windows xp,
> matplotlib-0.98.

Forget about it, I've just found out that this is related to one of my
own-made packages.

Thanks
Pierre