matplotlib SVN trunk appears to be running backend_driver.py fine under
Python-2.6 with Numpy SVN and TkAgg backend.

I had to make a handful of changes to remove deprecation warnings, none
of which changes our "still supporting Python 2.4" policy.  One change
was required to pytz, which I've communicated upstream to its author.

In case anyone is wondering, there don't seem to be any measurable
performance increases... :(

Cheers,
Mike

--