This may not be necessary if we can get a Windows box, but I thought I'd
mention it.

I wrote a distutils extension a couple of years ago to build Windows
installers on a Linux box with Mingw32.  This has been working perfectly
for nightly builds on my home machine since around September 2007 for a
project with much the same build requirements as matplotlib.  It's
really easy to install Mingw32 on Debian derivatives (maybe other dists
as well.)

See here:

http://gamera.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/gamera/trunk/gamera/mingw32_cross_compile.py?revision=1066&view=markup

Mike

John Hunter wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 4:09 PM, Eric Firing <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>> None that I know of.  It would certainly be nice if we had the release
>> package-building completely automated; or automated daily svn builds of the
>> Win and OSX packages. Since I don't work with either Win or OSX, I don't
>> know how hard this would be to set up.
>>

> Nightly builds would be excellent -- Charlie, to what extent do you
> think this is feasible from a scripting perspective?  Ie, ignoring the
> hardware side for a minute, and assuming we had access to a build farm
> with OS X and win32, how hard would it be to setup a build bot for
> nightly builds?
>
> JDH

Michael Droettboom
Science Software Branch