Eric Firing wrote:
> Michael Droettboom wrote:
>> Sorry -- I neglected to commit some changes.  (Playing around with
>> bzr and still getting used to it, I guess.)
>
> Very good, thank you!
Phew!  For a minute there I thought I was going crazy...

> OT: I'm glad you are taking a look at bzr; personally, I chose hg
> quite some time ago (when bzr was not mature enough to use), and I
> have no regrets.  It is very small, quick, and uncluttered--a
> beautiful piece of work.  (The code base is *much* smaller than bzr--I
> like that.) The one area in which hg is a bit behind now is svn
> interoperability,
> http://www.selenic.com/mercurial/wiki/index.cgi/WorkingWithSubversion,
> which doesn't matter at all for the uses to which I put it.  Possibly
> it will catch up soon:
> http://www.selenic.com/mercurial/wiki/index.cgi/HgSubversion
> http://blog.red-bean.com/sussman/?p=116
Yeah -- didn't mean to start another thread about distributed version
control -- I'm just playing with the stuff.  But that was my assessment,
too.  Couldn't figure out how to use hg with a svn-based project
(matplotlib) -- bzr was easier but still taking some getting used to.
git has related features too I might look at.

Mike

--
Michael Droettboom
Science Software Branch