Andrew Straw wrote:

> I realize I may have ignored an important question.
>

>> Michael Droettboom wrote:
>>

>>> Now I feel stuck.  How do I "undo" the merge from experimental to master?
>>>

> To do that, I actually delete the master branch with "git branch -D
> master" and then re-create a new one with "git checkout -b master
> 028a0df8" (where I've identified commit 028a0df8 as where I want the new
> master to be).

Thanks for the suggestion.  Because I "merged", rather than "rebased"
from my development branch, changes from the branch are interleaved with
changes from SVN, so it's not clear to me how to remove only the changes
that were brought in from the merge.  But that might also be the root
cause of the problem I'm having.  I tried going back to the first SVN
change prior to anything on my branch, the "git svn rebase", but that
didn't solve the issue -- it still requires me to merge changes I know
nothing about.  I think I'll follow your suggestion of "rebasing"
development branches -- I can see how that's superior to "merge" anyway,
since it will hide all my work/mistakes from the central SVN repository.

I'm going to declare bankruptcy at re-clone the whole repository and see
if things work better.  Wish I understood how I painted myself in this
corner in the first place, but maybe I'll notice it next time around.

Mike