John Hunter wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 4:17 PM, John Hunter<jdh2...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> According to RobK, you can reconfigure your ubuntu system to turn
>> these off.  He suggests:
>>
>>  To use autohinting, use the hint in this post, or just run the
>> following command:
>>
>>  sudo dpkg-reconfigure fontconfig-config
>>
>>  then choose “autohinter”, then choose “always”, then choose “no”
>
> If that doesn't work, this guy has more involved instructions on how
> to rebuild ubuntu libfreetype and disable the bytecode patch

OK, I disabled all Ubuntu patches to libfreetype and recompiled and
re-installed it. Unfortunately, I'm still getting the same failures.

Then I additionally installed fontconfig-config and did the
dpkg-reconfigure fontconfig-config step, setting everything to "Never".
Same failures.

These font errors make me unhappy. I think we should test some very
simple pure libfreetype C program outputs generated on the various
machines. I've just been playing with ftview, but that doesn't seem to
have a command-line interface to save directly to a file.

-Andrew